WELCOME TO 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS MY FIRST POST FOR THE YEAR and I am super excited because I have a lot planned for this year.
Promise me we will have an even more fabulous year than the last :*
I am a sucker for great lip wear…. I invest in them; lip glosses, lipsticks, lip stains, lip liner pencils. YOU NAME IT!!!
Here are a few tricks I would like to share on getting the lip wear right.
First of all let us define the general lippie textures.
- Matte: Texture of the lip wear which means it is dry and longwearing.
- Satin or sheer: Very high oil content with shine and not longwearing; you may need to keep touching up when you use this
- Cream: Soft and smooth but not dry or shiny. Most appropriate for ladies with thin lips.
- Frosted: Very shiny with glisten and sparkle.
- Moisturizing: Containing ingredients like vitamin E, glycerine or aloe, which help treat dry lips; keeping them soft and smooth.
- Gloss; It applies very easily,Also shiny like satin/sheer; but it is much less permanent.
key note: The wetter the texture, the less long wearing it is.
NOW TO THE TRICKS/TIPS;
- TELL YOURSELF THE TRUTH: If the colour doesn’t suit you, it doesn’t, don’t sweat it hun! You do not have to wear a particular lip colour just because it is in vogue, it may appear lovely on your friend but not on you.
- Start out safe; go for a tone close to the natural colour of your skin. Remember that a lipstick extremely brighter than your natural colour may have a dulling effect on your complexion.
- Do not underestimate the power of a lip base. An undercoat of lip essence or balm will improve the lipstick colour,prevent dryness, and hide vertical lines.
- During lip wear application, start from the middle.
- Got thin lips?? Get a good lip plumber, it helps make lips appear fuller. If you are still not satisfied with the effect the plumber gives, go for strictly creamy lip wears. The creaminess adds some plumpness to the lips.
- Ladies with thin lips should avoid darker colours, dark shades will only show off those thin lips; well except you do not mind.
- Add some extra lip wear to the middle of your lips to make them appear fuller.
- Lip liners are not compulsory but are very effective! they help lipstick stay on longer and of course help in defining the lips, you can also make your lips look fuller or slimmer. Please try to AVOID LINING/PAINTING OUTSIDE THE LINE in the bid to make the lips fuller, this may end up bad. Stay right on the edge of the lips.
thinner lips fuller lips
9. Another trick is to fill in fully with lip liner before applying the lipstick, you can play it safe with a nude liner for this.
10. The secret to choosing the right red lip color is in the undertones. Those with olive skin can wear fire-engine red. Dark skin looks great with deep reds, like the Mac Russian red lipstick.
11. Avoid too much sparkle; they look cheap
12. When testing the lipstick/lip wear in a store, swipe the stick on your fingertips; this is a closer fit to your lips than the back of your hand. Also remember to wipe off the end of the lipstick before you put it back for another person to try!
13. The prettiest nude lip color is slightly brighter or deeper than your skin tone. Generally light skin women look better on nudes, if you are a bit on the dark side you will have to take more time in finding one that suits. I promise to do a post on the nude lip, I would give the exact brand names as well and yes you are welcome!
14. Don’t throw out a bad shade of lipstick or one you do not like. You can blend lipsticks to get a fab colour. Makeup is all about art and creativity remember. If the lipstick is too bright, you can fill in lips with a darker liner(not a dark liner but a less lighter liner) before applying.
15. You can keep lipstick from marking your glass by licking your lips before taking a sip from a glass. It works!
16. Avoid the nasty! Keep lipstick off your teeth! After applying lipstick, take your index finger and pop it in your mouth, then pull it out. The excess lipstick will come off on your finger rather than your teeth.
17. If you notice a little bit of lipstick down in your tube, you can get it out with a lip brush. Lip brush is not just for contouring you know.
18. If you feel you look terrible in lipsticks, go for lip glosses or nice lip creams that give a soft look.
Take your time, go for what suits you, do not be afraid to test, try,have FUNNN and Be beautiful!!!
More posts on skin and undertones guys! love you all, do not forget to drop your comments and ideas.
“If I had to teach someone just one thing about lip colour it would be this: Find a lipstick that looks good on your face when you are wearing absolutely no makeup.” — Bobbi Brown