Today’s post is a tribute to my favourite makeup artists in Nigeria; I did a similar post some weeks back. See here.
It’s Christmas and this is my way of showing love to the makeup industry rockers!
I like to issue a disclaimer here; I don’t intend to make anyone feel like less of an artiste, please note that this is entirely my opinion.
First up is……………………………………………
- Tints ‘N’ Ties beauty; Lamide Ojo is such an amazing artist with great technique and ranks tops on my list for the traditional wedding makeover. She is a mechanical engineer turned MUA, amazing right!?!
Lamide started her career in 2007 and over the years, has grown in leaps and bounds. She calls herself the makeup surgeon and I completely, totally and absolutely agree. Don’t You? She is fun, friendly and has a good sense of humor. Lamide I love your work!!! I hope this gets me free bridal makeover and yes I love you too *hides*
- Mamza beauty: Fatima Mamza. A power house in the Nigerian makeup industry. Super talented! Her clients; brides especially always look so effortlessly glammed up!
- Jide of St. Ola: Olajide Okerayi is a Chubby looking cutie; Lol! He is very creative and would give the female artists a run for their money.
- SITPREETY Beauty:’ Kunbi Fashakin CALLS HERSELF THE MAKEUP MAVERICK. NO DOUBT SHE IS A good ARTIST BUT I am drawn to her just because of HER AMAZING PERSONALITY. I MET HER EARLIER THIS YEAR AT THE MAYBELLINE MASTERCLASS AND I WAS IMMEDIATELY DRAWN TO HER, I DID NOT SPEAK TO HER TILL AFTER AND I ENJOYED THE 15 TO 20 MINUTES WE SPOKE. I am convinced she is the right mentor for those aspiring to be pro artists. Love and respect you maam!
- Leylarh cadne: Laila Rahman. I have known her for years since we attended the same secondary school. She never came across as one who would be interested in the beauty in dustry but ALAS I stumbled upon a picture of hers recently and I was shocked to say the least. Makeup very well done. Beat to perfection….well near perfection but all still amazing. You rock Honey!
- Chloe’s Makeover: Doyin Ubani. I also met Doyin at the Maybelline Masterclass with Bimpe Onakoya. She combines pro makeup artistry with beauty blogging (blogger like me, hehe) Dee is a fabulous blogger and i am always excited to see/read her-‘look of the day’post. Doyin is friendly, witty and is the best ‘beauty gist partner’, if there is anything like that.
- Eeswat makeovers: Iswat Alatise. I love her work just because….oh my gosh! Her gele (headgear) tying game is on point!!! Asides the headgear tying she is also a good artist and I want to say a big thank you and amen to all your encouragements and prayers for me, I am touched and completely appreciate them. *hugs*
Others I admire too;
- Dimma Umeh for thatigbochick beauty blog. LOVE HER BLOG!
- Bookielavida: Bukki Okoligwe is a very sweet lady. I want to applaud her for been the first to send in her pictures and works.One thing I admire about her work is that she does not ‘try too hard’ to get a lovely look. Very effortless!
Others I am looking out for next year…I think you should too.
- OSAGIE ESTHer for OGLAMAKEOVA
- Ewaoluwa for BlushnBrides
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
proverbs 11:22 Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful face on an empty head
I seem to be on blogging fire this past week.*hides*
This post would be in two parts and I promise to put up my next list as soon as possible. I don’t mean to undermine those in the other list but I cannot put everyone in one post.
FIRST ON MY LIST IS…………………………………………………..
Owned by Amiela Razzaq. Amiela (pronounced Ah-mee-lah) is from Trinadad and Tobago, she is a wife and mother of two kids. If I didn’t pick her, it would definitely have been Bastian, was a tough one but here we are.
In October with assistance from Buntricia Bastian she launched her own make-up line ‘Think Pinke Cosmetics’ which features brushes, concealers, lip liners, lipsticks, lip glosses and a wide range of bright and neon eye shadows.
For her work, I am obsessed with her eye shadow application! I say GAME ON POINT!!!!!. Her general makeup work is simply exquisite. no words! just pure love!
DANESSA FOR I MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL: She was forced to start a new career due to corporate downsizing, she decided to take her hobby of experimenting with makeup and turn it into a career; great decision imust say.
Her work is clean, very unique. She has had the opportunity to work with a broad clientele of beauty, hair or music companies for print, web, television and trade show productions. With over 15 years experience in the industry and a reputation as an internationally renowned artist, she has published two books and over a dozen training DVDs.
JOYCE JACOB BEAUTY-JJB;
Owned by Joyce Jacobs whose clientele include Millen Magese, Tiwa Savage, Funke Akindele, Tonto Dikeh, Lloyd Banks, Wiz Kahlifah and Wizkid.
With an eye for subtle makeup detail and an alluring countenance, Joyce Jacob started her career in 2009 and has since become one of the most sought-out makeup artistes in the Nigerian Fashion & Entertainment Industry.
I love the Simplicity of her works and I HAVE A preference FOR HER EDITORIAL LOOKS!
BEAUTYBYJJ: Owned by Jennie Jenkins, I call her the queen of beauty vlogging and “Youtuber extraordinaire”. She is based in London and is definitely your go to beauty video blogger.
MORE TO COME IN THE NEXT POST.