As promised earlier, i decided to start sharing more ideas on events and not only beauty/makeup. I would be focusing on weddings for now because a lot of weddings happen towards the end of the year(in Nigeria).
Do hope you have fun reading :*
What exactly is a wedding theme and why so important?
A wedding or party ‘theme’, is a certain style choice for your day that you then reflect in your choice of invitations, dress code, decorations,or music.
Whether you choose something like a particular subject as a theme or a color theme, (like pink, black and white colors for example), a wedding theme will create a unique style and mood for your celebrations. A theme makes a wedding more personal, more coordinated and definitely more beautiful! and the choice of theme is entirely up to you.
Few tips to note.
1.Use your favorite shade. I am sure you know this already*winks* but this is really a good place to begin.
You have definitely imagined it so why not bring your dreams to life with what you love. You can tastefully incorporate any color into your wedding decorations by selecting the right hue, and combining it with the right accents.
The color would determine and reflect in the decor, your attire, your cake, your makeup…YOU NAME IT!
- Which colors are you drawn to most? Is there one particular color or several? If there are several colors, are they compatible?
- Check your wardrobe; Leaving aside the standard office black, what are the other colors that emerge the most? These colors are a good indicator of your general color preferences.
- Make a color inspiration Get a piece of thick card and place images you like from magazines on the board, images that highlight the colors you’re keen on. You can also use color paint charts to help you match the hues and to get subtle shade variations.
2. CONSIDER THE SETTING:
Look at the colors used in your venue’s carpeting, drapery and decorations. If the site has strong colors, you’ll need to select a color scheme that complements. If you already have your heart set on a certain color, you may need to select a more neutrally decorated site but this needs to be sorted out very early on or you may miss out on a good location! However, keep an open mind about the color(S) you want until you’ve chosen the venue, because the setting may well suggest the color scheme for you.
- For outdoor weddings, look for fresh and light colors that suggest the brilliance of outdoors.
3. Remember others. others being the groom, family, friends and bridesmaids.If you want your bridesmaids decked “head to toe” in your color, you’ll need to make sure it’s an appealing and flattering shade to wear. You may need to accept variations in the shades to keep everybody happy, especially if it’s a color that one or more of them are not happy to wear.
All in all have fun and be happy. Get help where and when needed, especially a good planner. You want a fabulous event and you may not get it right all by yourself.