Welcome to the second semester in the beauty and contouring class.LOL!
This semester we would be talking about the places to contour, explaining the different face shapes and the best ways to enhance them through contouring.
I do hope you would learn a thing or two.
You may want to read Contouring 111 before you read this post.
Class starts Now!
I would like to start with the areas of the face usually contoured.
We have the Cheek bones- using product(cream or powder) just below the cheeks or right on the cheek bones.
The Hairline- applying product on the head, right where the hair starts.
The jaw AND jawline
The Nose- This is commonly done to make the nose look longer. Apply dark and ashy product to the two sides of the nose leaving out the nose bridge. Make sure you blend properly to avoid harsh lines. 🙂
Slightly below the brow bone
Now that that is settled, let us move to the second slide :p Any questions?
The Different face shapes
1. Oval shaped face: This is considered as the ultimate or ideal face shape; with almost equal proportions all the way. The cheekbones are prominent and the face gracefully tapers towards the chin.
You would like to contour- the jawbone abit, cheekbones and the temples(hairline).
2. Square shaped face- Big, square and bony jaw.
Focus on the back of the jaw and on the jaw, the hairline and a LITTLE to the cheekbones.
3. ROUND SHAPED FACE: Circular face and the cheekbones are not at all prominent.
Accentuate the jaw and cheekbones.
You can also highlight(adding or enhancing areas of the face that light hits) the browbone.
4. HEART SHAPED FACE: Wider and triangular forehead with a pointed and strongly tapered chin.
No need to work on the jaw area since the jaw/chin area is already strong and very prominent. Just focus on the hairline and cheek bones.
Also you may not need to highlight the cheeks.
I have a heart shaped face, incase anyone is curious x_x
5. LONG SHAPED FACE: Prominent chin with an elongated feature from forehead to the chin.
Contour right along the hairline and on the chin to lessen the length of the face.
In the next post I would be giving some more tips on what items you need in the bag for contouring. i.e Getting the shopping list right!
Proverbs 31:25-26 NIV
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.