Hey guys, my name is Alero Arafiena, and I am a Fashion Consultant x Fashion x Style Blogger—>Check me out here
So my dear friend asked me to put together my top fashion picks. I must admit it was surprisingly hard to do so. It took me quite a while to put the list together (ordinary 5-6 fashion picks oh), so I don’t know if I should blame it on wanting a little bit of everything because there’s just so much to yearn for in fashion. Sigh!
So anyway let’s zoom forward.
I’m pretty sure my number 1 would never even surprise Itunu, unless she chooses to fall my hand, which I bet she wouldn’t . Lol
As a lady you can never ever go wrong with a pair, no please pairs of shoes, when worn right though. I am mad crazy/obsessed with shoes. Yes I have a shoe fetish and I am a shoe-aholic, so it pretty much explains why it’s number 1 on the list and I think you should invest in them too.
Beautiful shoes have a way of adding pizzazz to an entire outfit. It can even take the focus off a bad/repeated outfit.
And better yet? You don’t necessarily need to break the bank for a really good pair.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I’m pretty much obsessed with kimonos right now. I mean asides the fact they are super comfy to wear, and help hide my tummy when I’ve just eaten, they just give this laid back vibe that I pretty much like. They can make an otherwise bland/just there outfit pop.
I think kimonos should be a wardrobe essential. (Or what do you think?) And trust me they can go both formal or casual, depending on how you style yours.
And did I mention they come in different lengths and can be worn by literally anyone? Awesome! I Know Right!
Sorry I had to put all three into 1 *covers face*. Anyone who pretty much knows me, knows I am a skirt-aholic. I am a sucker for maxi dresses. Probably has to do with the comfort it gives. They are essential part of my sense of style. Jeans are a no-brainer.
As a lady, you’ve got to have these. Skirts are ever so feminine; maxi/shirt dresses are just so perfect for almost anything; for the movies/casual days, TGIF workdays. An awesome pair of well fitted Jeans? I bet you know why already 🙂
Might I add that I’m loving the ripped boyfriend denims right now too!
This can pass for a fashion item right?
I picked brassieres just because we as ladies (me included definitely) need to invest in really good bras/bra tops. For no other reason being that they provide the much needed support for our ladies, and most importantly because the famous saying “behind every gorgeous outfit are well supported mammary…ies” was just made up by me. But really, think about it… hehe
5) FEDORA HATS
These are just so uber cool and they make such statements.
My name is Tosin Sho-Silva and I am a fashion and textile student as well as blogger at www.stylebyalexandriah.com. For my undergrad, I studied Architecture and that’s where my love for fashion really began. Asides my mom being a wedding dress designer, I turned to fashion as an escape route from all the stress of architecture and it resulted in me following this passion.
I started my blog in October 2014; with the hope that it will open up opportunities for me as I will be starting my women’s wear and home accessories brand soon
Itunu contacted me and asked if I could share my top fashion/beauty picks and I thought yeah why not! So here goes:
1. Eyebrow Pencil: I know this sounds weird especially as the first pick*laughs*but I have very faint eyebrows and it looks super weird when I don’t fill them in with a pencil. I love to use Rimmel or Jordana in dark brown.
They last long as well as look natural.
2. Turtle Neck Jumper: Yes! You can never go wrong with a turtle neck jumper. I wear these everywhere not just because they keep me warm, they are super comfortable and classy. My favourite turtle necks are from Marks and Spencer, they offer very durable jumpers and the fit is fab.
3. High-waist Clothing: Jeans, trousers, skirts etc. I only wear high waisted garments as they make my legs appear longer and torso shorter. Also because I’m very slim, it helps accentuate my most flattering features.
4. Court Shoes: I absolutely love court shoes. They match literally everything and keep it classy. I have a nude pair I wear literally everywhere. Love them!
5. A Good Bag: I love bags so much.
When buying a bag, I consider structure and material.
These features are most important to me because I do not like bags that must be filled to look nice. Also, I only buy genuine leather bags because they last longer and you can really feel the difference.
Once in a while, I buy faux leather bags but only for clutches.
Hope you enjoyed her picks guys.
Thank you so much Tosin, you rock hun!
Ecclesiastes 4:10 NIV
“If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up”
I am sure you are expecting a post in French because of the title, lol! Not yet but very soon. I intend to extend to potential French-speaking readers. yaaaay!
My post title translated in English means- Beauty picks by CHEE CHEE.
She is a wife, mother, makeup artist, beauty blogger, new YouTubeR and a business woman…. POWER WOMAN EH? YES!
Here are her beauty picks and go-to products.
I am happy to share my top picks says Cheee Chee……
here are some beauty/makeup items I cannot do without.
- MAYBELLINE COLOSSAL KAJAL:
MY FAVORITE KAJAL IN THE WORLD!!! IT IS SOO SOFT AND JUST SLIDES AND GLIDES ON MY LIDS. JUST RIGHT FOR THE PERFECT WINGS (WINGED EYELINER OF COURSE), I USE IT AS A SHADOW, TO LINE MY LIDS OR FOR A SMOKEY EYE.
YOU NEED THIS BABY IN YOUR BAG.
THESE DAYS, POWERFUL BROWS ARE A BIG DEAL! I DO NOT WORK HEAVY BROWS FOR MY EVERYDAY; I KEEP THOSE HD/3D BROWS TILL I HAVE TIME ON MY HANDS, LOL! WHETHER YOU LOVE TO FAKE THOSE BROWS OR KEEP THEM SUBTLE AND NATURAL; YOU STILL NEED A GOOD EYEBROW PENCIL. FOR THE COLORED GIRL YOU CAN GET DARK CHOCOLATE BROWN OR REGULAR BROWN TO MATCH OUR COLOURED SKINTONE.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEE DO AWAY WITH THOSE RED OR BURGUNDY BROW PENCILS, EXCEPT OFCOURSE YOU ARE WORKING A RUNWAY LOOK.
FOR A LONG TIME NOW, I ONLY USE MAC FOUNDATIONS! I FEEL THEY WORK PERFECTLY FOR ME. MY MATCHMASTER FOUNDATION IS AN ALL DAY, NO SHINE, LONG WEARING FOUNDATION, I USE SHADE 7/7.5. THIS FOUNDATION HAS SPF 15 (SUNSCREEN) AND A VERY NICE PUMP.
LIPSTICK ADDICT! MAC LIPSTICK JUNKIE! FROM THE MATTES TO THE CREMESHEENS OR AMPLIFIED TO THEIR GLOSSES, I LOVE ‘EM ALL.
I USE THE OPULASH BLACK, ZOOM FAST BLACK OR THE EXTENDED PLAY LASH…hooked TO SAY THE LEAST!
THIS BRUSH IS VERY WELL NAMED. I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN THE BEST OF BRUSH MAGIC FROM THEIR(Real techniques) STIPPLING BRUSH, TILL I GOT THIS ONE. I USE IT FOR MY FOUNDATION APPLICATION, FOR POWDERING, I USE TO BLEND IN AFTER CONTOURING OR BLUSHING, LOL!
MULTI PURPOSE TO THE CORE!
You can also check my blog feature on this post, just few differences. http://losbeauty.com/2014/11/24/my-top-5-beauty-must-haves-itunu-rotimi/
ROMANS 8 VERSE 34
“Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us”
Long time no see 😀
This month is my birthday month….yea yea my birthday has passed already but allow a sister to rant ibeg :p and Yes I had a splendid one thanks for asking =->
Today’s post is for rubys who can’t really get a hang of what one needs for the everyday or starter makeup collection.
I made a list of all the items I FEEL ought to be in a complete makeup bag. Emphasis on the phrase-I FEEL 😀
1. Foundation- This is the first thing I look out for in any makeup kit I raid…. ohhh yes I do that alot…even if you do not feed me if I come visiting, just give me the bag to look through.
2. Concealer-spot concealers are used to get rid of dark circles and they should be matte in texture. Under eye concealers on the other hand should be luminous since they are used to brighten up the skin.
How to use- use little finger to blend product on the skin gently, for the under eye be extra careful because of the sensitivity of the skin in that area.You can also use a very soft concealer brush.
3. Face powder-Get one that gives a nice glow…GLOW and not shine! A translucent powder isn’t such a bad idea too.
4. Blush- How to use
Swipe across the apples of your cheeks I.e the round puffy part that sticks out when you smile. Please note that if you can see where the blush starts or ends, you have got too much product on!
5. Lip balm to keep the lips from drying out and lipstick or gloss for color.
6. Brow pencil or brow powder- I usually go with the color of my hair for this.
Hold on please if I have my hair tinted blue I do not use blue brow pencil oooooo. I use a lighter brown pencil for lighter colored weaves and a darker brown pencil for my black and really dark weaves. Thank you
7. Mascara- Clump free mascaras are the WAY TO GO! A good mascara ought to last a long time..looooooong time before getting clumpy.
Some folks say “mascaras do the same thing, so I can get just any”, but really within a month some have already dried out and you have to dispose off*angry smiley*.
I use MAC mascaras or the Maybelline colossal, I have had my Mac since last year; it is still as fresh and works as good as it has when I just got it. Quality mascaras are worthy investments yall! Spend that cash on your lash!
How to use- Push the wand against lashes, wiggle in a zigzag motion as you motion up to the top of the lashes( ah yesso I went to fab schools I sabi english well)
Quick tip-curl lashes first before using your mascara.
8. Eyelash curler
9. Makeup remover
10. Primer- I know you may not want to agree but you need this baby alot of us ignore. I do not use a primer everyday…deep down I know I should but I don’t. It is my new month’s resolution to use a primer Everyday and not just for outings.September here we come! NOW BITE ME 😛
Thank you for stopping by.
Rhedruby loves you soo much